Monday, May 22, 2017

Why Mary Morgan Loves to Write Medieval Romances

Happy Medieval Monday. My Medieval Monday friends are eager to tell you why they love this era. Today I'm hosting Mary Morgan. She'll tell you where her heart belongs!

I’ve often been asked this question, “Why Medieval romance? Why not Regency, Victorian, or Western?” In truth, I love them all, but my heart belongs to one. It started when my fingers opened a book about the great Irish King, Brian Boru (941-1014A.D.). His story is legendary, especially with the people of Ireland. King Brian led the Irish to the peak of their Golden Age—from poetry, arts, saints, and scholars. A spark ignited within my soul for more.  

I sought out tales of knights in shining armor and folk heroes, delving into a life teeming with richness, though at times harsh and violent. Yet, it wasn’t until I devoured the history of Brian Boru that I became immersed in medieval life. From there, I treasured tales of life in castles, traveling on horseback, studying foods and herbs. My list is endless and always growing on medieval ways. Yes, there are even days when I long to travel back in time and explore the history, lore, and beliefs. 

Therefore, when it came time to pen my own stories, it only made sense for me to place them all in a medieval setting. One might say I live vicariously through my characters. It’s a love affair with all things medieval.  

For more about my stories, please visit my book page: http://www.marymorganauthor.com/books

Author Bio:
Award-winning Scottish paranormal romance author, Mary Morgan, resides in Northern California, with her own knight in shining armor. However, during her travels to Scotland, England, and Ireland, she left a part of her soul in one of these countries and vows to return.


 Mary's passion for books started at an early age along with an overactive imagination. She spent far too much time daydreaming and was told quite often to remove her head from the clouds. It wasn't until the closure of Borders Books where Mary worked that she found her true calling—writing romance. Now, the worlds she created in her mind are coming to life within her stories.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for hosting me on Medieval Monday, Ruth! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary, you're a true lover of history, thus your calling to write Medievals. It's wonderful that you've followed your passion. Off to check out your books. I adore Ireland and Scotland. Best success to you!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete