Wednesday, December 12, 2012

The Next Big Thing Blog Hop


Author Joanna Chambers was kind enough to tag me in the Next Big Thing blog hop. The blog hope requires me to answer ten questions about whatever my next "big thing" is and then I tag five hapless victims other authors to carry on to infinity and beyond.

Basically it's a fun way of finding out a little something about what your favorite authors are up to while being introduced to authors who might be new to you. You don't have to do anything and no one is giving anything away, so no pressure. Just hop around and enjoy what everyone has to say.
  1. What is the working title of your book?
    Mine Forever is the working title. My editor has already told me it needs to be changed. FLASH! The new title is The Guardian's Witch.
  2. Where did the idea come for this book come from?
    I met someone who mentioned they were a caulbearer (born with a veil over their face) and researched the folk lore. Caulbearers as said to be excellent healers, have visions, and bear kings. Putting my caulbearer heroine in the 13th century was a natural.
  3. What is the genre of the book?
    This story is a historical fantasy set on the border of England and Scotland in 1290.
  4. Which actors would you choose to play your character in a movie rendition?
    I think Jennifer Love Hewitt would be good as Lisbeth, my heroine.
  5. What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
    Newly minted Lord Alex Stelton, finds his life in jeopardy after the king awards him Lady Lisbeth's cursed castle. Someone, or something, wants him dead.  The knight’s trusted friend, Lord Bryce Mitchell, secretly wants it all, the castle and the woman, and he’ll stop at nothing to get them. In order to save the man she loves and prevent being married off to Bryce, Lisbeth must make a crucial decision; dare she rely on her knight to find a way to save them both or does she trust her magic and risk exposure and persecution as a witch? (Sorry, I couldn't do it one sentence)
  6. Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency/publisher?
    Carina Press has scheduled this book for publication July 1, 2013
  7. How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
    It took me five months to write the first draft.
  8. What other books would you compare your story to within your genre?
    I would compare by story to those by Julie Garwood.
  9. Who or what inspired you to write this book?
    A friend of mine told me she was born with caul, a veil over her face. I did some research and the story leaped out of my research.
  10. What else about your book might pique the reader's interest?
    This is the first of a series of stories about seven brothers each plagued with the curse of a deadly sin. They must overcome their sin for an opportunity to vanquish man who cursed them.
I hope you're looking forward to my new series. My tagged victims are Liz Flaherty and Jessica Lauryn

No comments:

Post a Comment