Monday, June 15, 2020

Medieval Monday with Ashley York


Welcome to week seven of Medieval Monday Spring 2020. Today I’m hosting Ashley York. Our heroine Astrid is in a predicament. How will this turn out?
Eyes of the Seer (Book two in the Warrior Kings series)
He wishes to prove himself...
Marcán of Clonascra bears the bloodline of Brian Boru and his prowess as a warrior has earned him great respect from everyone but Astrid, the woman who holds his heart. Between her mother's condemning him as a pagan Seer and Astrid's total disinterest, he finds solace as the king's protector and confidant.
She is desperate to escape...
Astrid is more than ready to wed but her brother, the king, is in no hurry to see her married, so she decides to see to her own match-making. The man she approaches quickly reveals his lack of honor, but her overbearing mother pushes her to wed him anyway. When Astrid discovers Marcán's love for her, will it be too late to have the happiness she'd always dreamed of?
GRAB A COPY HERE

Excerpt #7 
“This has nothing to do with my punishment.”
“’Tis not up to me to say what that punishment may be. I hold no sway over yer ri túaithe.”
She wetted her lips. “That I know. And I also know ye have every right to see to any punishment yerself… as ’twas ye I disrespected with my disobedience.”
“I will not discipline ye.”
Astrid could feel a scorching heat, but she wasn’t sure if it was from her or from him. “No. Ye never have.”

To see what happens next,  join me over at Judith Sterling’s blog next week

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing my snippet on your blog today, Ruth. I loved writing about Marcan and Astrid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great snippet, Ashley! Happy Medieval Monday!

    ReplyDelete